Current Information for Towns County
- COVID - 19 Hotline - 1-844-422-2681
- Towns County Emergency Management Agency
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control
- Office of Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp
- Business Guidance Regarding State and Local Ordinances
Current Press Releases
- Coronavirus Funding Options
- SBA Funding Overview
- Overview of Federal Stimulus Phase 1, 2 & 3
- Georgia Department of Labor for information for displaced employees and employers - make sure you check out this website if you are reducing your staff during these uncertain times. Help your employees with the information they need to file for unemployment.
- Internal Revenue Service income tax filing information.
- Return to Work Strategies from the Georgia Chamber.
- U.S. Chamber Small Business Guide
- Sanitizing Surfaces
- Recordkeeping Requirements of COVID-19 Cases
- SCORE Small Business Resilience Hub
- University of Georgia's Small Business Development Center
- USDA Federal Rural Resource Guide
Food Pantry - Please continue to check on your elderly relatives and neighbors in our community. Several food pantries are still open for food pick-up and delivery.
- Towns County Food Pantry (706) 896-4783
- North Mount Zion Church of God, currently offers a weekly drive thru food pantry. 3rd Thrusday of each month, 10:00am - 12:00pm. Other Thursdays of month, 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- Clay County Food Pantry, Emergency contact Fred Sickel (828) 361-6202
- Matt’s Ministry, pick up is on Saturday from 10:00am - 12:00pm. Emergency contact, Sharon Hayden (828) 361-6441
Blue Ridge Mountain EMC is meeting the needs of our at-home students by providing free hotspots. Here are the hotspots for Towns & Union Counties
Towns County - Dollar General (Hwy. 76 & Sunnyside Dr.) Park on side of building
Macedonia Baptist Church - Please park in front of building
Union County - Meeks Park and Harmony Grove Baptist Church
Look for Wireless SSD "Student" and hit connect.
Please be respectful of these organizations and businesses that have been
generous enough to offer this cooperative service with BRMEMC.